Offering a daily selection of various activities, it’s important to all of us here at Castleton Health Care Center that our residents stay engaged and inspired, and that each and every individual mind is kept sharp, busy, and active. We’re serious about fun and recreation, which is why our full-time Director of Activities has remained such an invaluable member of our team for so long.
Bringing a sense of lightheartedness and enhancing residents lives is what our Director of Activities and her team work towards every day. Developing fun activities, attending community events, and moderating small groups to not just be enjoyable but to help exercise the senses and improve overall memory and cognition are our goals. Some of our most popular activities include Bingo, card games, pet therapy, and aromatherapy. Additionally, our art program sponsors regular workshops where residents can take drawing lessons, enjoy sketching and canvas painting, and learn how to make a number of different creative crafts.
- Religious Studies & Worship – Bible study and church services including music and worship
- Gardening – Digging in the dirt has many amazing benefits, gardening has been shown to improve relaxation and calmness
- Board Games – Collection of board games available for everyone’s enjoyment to play in small groups
- Exercise & Sports – Physically-active soft sports for exercise fun, safe and healthy movement, and improving range of motion
- Karaoke Night – Fun for both staff and residents, group singing, and contests
- Manicures & Pedicures – Professional salon manicures and pedicures with friends or individual relaxation
- Music & Concerts – Musicians, bands, and artist performances from the outside community for resident entertainment
- Arts & Crafts – Crafting has many cognitive and health benefits i.e. knitting, sewing, coloring, ceramics, jewelry, painting